Saturday, August 7, 2010

First solo show in Brooklyn!


My new show is up in Brooklyn! It runs at the Fiona + Ryan Gallery at 362 Atlantic Avenue from August 1-30, with a reception on Friday, August 20 starting at 7pm.

Come out and see most of what I've been making for the last year and a half! Most of the work was done after graduating from college, during my time at home in Washington, DC before moving to New York City. There are 12 paintings, and about 50 prints and drawings. They represent a significant change in my approach as they've veered away from abstraction and become increasingly observational, in an attempt to record objects being placed and moved around over time, the ever-changing nature and sensuality of fabric, and my escape from the interior during my hikes in the woods of Rock Creek Park.

For those taking the train, the gallery is about two blocks away from the Hoyt-Schemerhorn stop on the G. Hope to see you!


Gallery Hours: Thu-Sun 12-6pm

frartexchange@gmail.com
(718) 442-7982

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vianney, I'm Madeline's mom and Lisa is right here and helped me find your work. Lisa showed me a photo of one of your paintings that I just loved so much. Congrats on your solo show and best of luck to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete